Monday 20 July 2009

My Mum's Garden!

It's not very big, but it's busier than Piccadilly Circus at rush hour for the garden bird world!



There's an old cherry tree that is sadly no more, but rather than chop it down, my parent's have hung bird feeders from it and we now sit and watch the antics of the constant stream of feathery and furry visitors!
Perhaps most surprising to me was the Great Spotted Woodpecker.



It appears several times throughout the day, resting either in the chesnut tree and tapping out a fast, rhythmic beat on it's many limbs, or even down on the nuts, pecking through the mesh for some tasty, nutty morsels.

I waited, and waited, and waited for a Nuthatch.



Reputedly a frequent flyer through Mum's garden and always stopping at the Cherry Tree Services, the nuthatch proved the most elusive of all to my long lens! In the end, I only got a couple of shots of it hanging on to the nut feeder, but I shall persevere and, hopefully, go back to Scotland next week with the shot I want in the bag! We'll see!!

As well as a variety of garden birds,



there is also a cheeky wee grey squirrel who comes in several times of day for a feed.



Hope you enjoy the photos, because I've certainly enjoyed taking them!



Rebecca,x

www.rtphotographics.co.uk
rebecca@rtphotographics.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment