Monday 11 January 2010

Love Snow!



Happy New Year to all, I hope that 2010 is full of good things and happy days for everyone :D


Well, it's been a very hectic couple of months but here I am again, coffee in hand, laptop on my lap and a whole new year to look forward to and get excited about!!

I LOVE this time of year! I love the snow, I love the ice, I love staying in and being cosy wrapped up in my snuggly blanket... talking of which, I got one of those blankets with sleeves for Christmas, yayyy!!!

What a fantastic idea! No more wriggling and yoga-style contortions while trying to pick your drink up without getting your arms out from under the blanket...

...there's even a pocket in the front for your bag of malteser's while you snuggle up and watch the film :-) how good is that?!!

But I also love this time of year for photography.



Sunrise and sunset is at a much more socially acceptable time of day, the light is gorgeous all day with the low sun sparking off the snow and ice.

Even on days when there's no sun to be seen (like today, and yesterday, and every other day that I am able to go out with my camera), there's still more than enough beauty in the landscape and a HUGE natural reflector that makes it absolutely perfect for portraits... people or pets!



Our pooch loves the snow, he goes absolutely bonkers in it leaping about and using his nose to flick it up and eat it. He bounces around like Tigger on caffeine, not entirely sure what the appeal is for him, but he absolutely loves it!

So, what of 2010? I have some huge plans that are needing a bit of behind-the-scenes work to get going, but I am VERY excited about it... what are the plans? Watch this space, I'll let you know later ;)

Rebecca, x

rebecca@rtphotographics.co.uk

rtphotographics.co.uk

8 comments:

  1. Good images Rebecca, like the tale and the enthusiasm coming through it. I hope your plans come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Walter, I'll keep you in the picture and let you know what is happening as it happens ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, to anyone who hasn't found it yet, Walter's 'Frustrated Photographer' blog is a great read :D You can access it from my list on the profile page here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the plug Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I love these pictures. So beautiful! I haven't seen you in a while at I Heart Faces so I came over to say hi : ) Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks Life with Kaishon :D I am still lurking at I Heart Faces, I love it and will come and introduce myself and start getting involved very, very soon... that's a promise! Thanks again, love to you all, Rebecca,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the top portrait Rebecca, really special shot, beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, thanks Glyn!! She's only 10 but she's wonderful to work with. I shall pass on your compliments and she'll be delighted, thank you very much :D

    ReplyDelete