Thursday 13 August 2009

Whatever the Weather!

I have to decide which out of 5 of my images best sums up the word 'weather'. You'd think that would be easy enough, but no... I'm seriously struggling! Every time I make up my mind, along comes another thought, another reason why one of the others is more suitable instead, d'oh!

My brother calls this one 'the Eurythmics one' because I called it 'Here Comes the Rain Again... well, snow actually but I don't know a song about that!' It was taken in Glenshee, Perthshire and was about 5 seconds or so from point of impact of the first snow flurries!!



The next, carrying on the the song title theme, is called 'Four Seasons in One Day... or, Somewhere Over the Rainbow... or, Raindrops Keep Fallin' on ma Lens' Again, taken in Glenshee, but this time impact had already occurred and raindrops were indeed falling on my lens! A quick pic of the rainbow and all was packed away for ten minutes until the sun came out again.



This one is just called 'Brrrr!' and was taken, as you can imagine, in sub-zero temperatures up at Laird's Loch by Dundee. The temperature was somewhere in the region of -10 celsius and my fingers were pretty numb by this point. I was enjoying myself though!



Next is 'Cold & Frosty Morning' and was taken on the same trip as 'Brrrr', this being the actual Laird's Loch by Dundee. Sitting at the top of a hill known locally as Tullybaccart, Dundee lies below the hills on the distant horizon. Although not immediately apparent, the loch was completely frozen... as were my toes before I'd finished getting this shot!



Last in my selection, but by no means least, is 'Henry's Kite'. A 10th birthday present, the kite was magnificent and had to be flown, whatever the weather! Moulin Moor above Pitlochry is excellent kite-flying territory so across we went and braved the elements to see the kite soaring it's full height of 100m... or is it 100ft? I never was much use at distance and measurements!! It goes up a very long way anyway!!!



So, these are the 5 images I'm trying to decide from, which one best describes the weather? Hmmm, I still can't make up my mind!

Rebecca, x

http://www.rtphotographics.co.uk/
rebecca@rtphotographics.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment