Friday 21 May 2010

A Sassenach in the Studio in Scotland!

Yep, that was me, travelling back up north of the border again last week. Amongst other things, I had a great portrait session with Wayne and his family. I love being a portrait photographer (which is probably just as well), not only because it gives me a chance to meet some really smashing people, but also because it is just so much fun and you never know exactly what's going to happen!



I know Wayne and Linda from a while back, so I knew we were in for a great session! I also knew I'd be very well looked after and indeed I was... cooked breakfast on arrival, more tea and coffee than is probably feasible to drink (though I always manage!!), blimey, it's not a bad job I've got is it, he he.

Linda looked stunning.



She had the most beautiful top I've seen in a long while and was perfect for her skin and colouring. Liam was lively and bubbly despite the early start,



and Brooke is achingly sweet with the most gorgeous eyes and shy smile.


Then of course there was the dog. Smokie was anything but shy!! Straight in, on his back, bits on show to the world, he hadn't any inhibitions!!! I did try to tell him it wasn't that kind of a photo shoot, but dogs will be dogs and he was only really happy to lay on display!!!

Wayne was rather nervous but I had a lovely email from him just a couple of days ago saying that I'd helped him to relax and that means so much!



I am fully appreciative of the fact that most people don't like getting their photos taken and feel really awkward in front of the camera... I'm just the same (lucky for me I'm the one that's always behind the camera!!). Throw in the studio lights and whatnot and it can be a very intimidating setting to most people!

I like to give people time to relax first. We do a few test shots to get the lighting just right, but it also gives the model time to get used to the flash. I will also help with posing, trying to keep it natural but at the same time as flattering as possible. It's amazing how much difference a small turn of the shoulders or changing your arm or leg position can make.

So, all in all, we had a fantastic morning and, it has to be said, wow to the breakfast! Thank you so much to Wayne and all the family. It was great to see you all again and I hope it's not long until the next time!!

Rebecca, x

www.rtphotographics.co.uk
rebecca@rtphotographics.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment