Tuesday 18 January 2011

In Leaps & Bounds!

By 'eck, I'm a long way behind in my blogging!!! It's been mayhem over the last few weeks and, I'm sorry to say, the blog has suffered as a result. I'm back on the case though and here's a tale about a fantastic day out photographing Pets in Practice Dog Agility classes way back in November last year!



Agility and RT photographics don't always get mentioned in the same sentence... as I often say, I'm very much built for comfort, certainly not speed!!!



Blimey, if it came to it, I suppose I could run across the road, but that's really about as far as my sporting prowess goes! I can walk up hills and I can walk for many miles if I have the right footwear and whatnot on, but agility? No, it's not really me!



Luckily for me, the classes were all about the dogs running and jumping and leaping and bounding!



All I had to do was try and keep up with my lens pointing in the right direction... trying to capture that moment where ears are up and eyes are wide, and the dogs are caught in that moment of total concentration coupled with complete and utter dappy delight!!!



The dogs loved it. They are so focused on the hurdles and hoops (or is it the rewards for getting over the hurdles and hoops?),



very little fazes them and they love every single heart-racing, fur-flying moment!

The owners also get a great workout as they run alongside the dogs, encouraging them at every point and turn and rewarding them as they complete the course.



Where some agility classes can be quite difficult and a little bit elitist, Helen's classes are pretty much all about fun! All dogs are welcome once fully grown (thereby avoiding damage to developing joints and bones!) and all seemed to be in total doggy heaven! From the sweet, tiny Chihuahua



to the huge, gorgeous black German Shepherd, all were having fun. I don't think I've ever laughed so much on a photo shoot anywhere; it was pure, joyous entertainment!



Thanks to Skippy and the classes, and thanks especially to all my lovely furry models. What a fantastically fun day's work!!!

Rebecca, X

http://www.rtphotographics.co.uk/
rebecca@rtphotographics.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment